Posted 4th February 2021
As part of Mental Health week, and recognising the ongoing impact of the pandemic on children’s mental health and emotional wellbeing, we are re-launching our free Emotional Wellbeing Health Check consultation service. Bridge in Schools has a 10-year track record of work with Bristol schools. Our staff are highly trained specialists in child mental health. During this particularly difficult time for schools we are here to help.
Do you have…
- Increased concern about pupil’s mental health during the pandemic?
- A year group that has repeated behaviour or friendship issues?
- Children who are going to struggle with the move to secondary school?
- Gaps in your relationship education curriculum?
- A stressed member of staff on the edge of burnout?
This spring, The Bridge in Schools is offering free Emotional Wellbeing Checks to Bristol primary schools.
We are leading experts in child development and wellbeing, and have supported Bristol schools for over 10 years.
Now your SLT staff can book an hour with a senior member of our team, to access specialist expertise in the mental health issues confronting your school.
Our specialist will meet you in school or virtually, to identify your priorities, clarify budget pressures, and then provide a report that signposts options.
Emotional wellbeing and attainment for all
- Bridge in Schools is part of The Bridge Foundation, a leading mental health charity based in Bristol thathas provided high-quality mental health services to the community for over 30 years.
- Bridge in Schools helps to:
- Build calm, settled environments where children can learn
- Help children to be safe and develop resilience
- Take effective action to bring down staff stress and build a robust, coherent team
- Support the emotional needs of especially vulnerable children with effective in-school interventions
Stressed and unhappy children struggle to learn. As attainment concerns rise, Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health are now top challenges for schools across the country.
Our programme is designed to equip school staff with the tools they need to meet these challenges.
Bridge in Schools has a 10-year track record of work with Bristol schools. Our staff are highly trained specialists in child mental health. They combine advanced therapeutic training with a thorough understanding of schools and the pressures they face. That’s why we are uniquely placed to work with schools at a number of different levels: through a whole-school approach to emotional wellbeing; targeted interventions for more vulnerable children; and therapy for children with complex needs.
We understand that every school is different, and everyone is dealing with tough pressure on budgets. Bridge in Schools sits down with you to work out what are the top priorities for action, and puts together proposals based on your budget.
A unique combination
- Whole-school emotional wellbeing programmes
- Early identification of vulnerable children and young people
- Effective staff support and classroom strategies
- Specialist therapeutic support for highly vulnerable children and families
- Professional referral reports
If this sounds like it could help your school then please contact our schools manager Matthew Jenkins on 0117 9424510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“What’s so great about The Bridge is that you don’t come and go; you’re in it for the long haul and that’s what makes the difference”
Head, East Bristol Primary